Re: [Fsfe-uk] Funding Open Source

From: Neil Darlow
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Funding Open Source
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 08:55:06 +0100

Hi All,

Thank you all for your positive comments on what I'm attempting to achieve
with the AFSP. I'm not naive enough to assume this will be plain sailing.
There will be obstacles to overcome but I have high hopes for a positive end-
result.

Part of my reasoning for establishing the AFSP, coming from an engineering
background, was to encourage the sort of discipline and professionalism that
I'm familiar with to the Free Software field. Engineering is very well
regulated through the likes of ISO9001 et. al. and techniques such as Clean
Room engineering could be applied to Free Software to avert any tainting of
the project with the construction of commercial equivalents.

I don't want to pollute this list too much with AFSP discussion but if you're
interested in this thread please feel free to continue on the AFSP discussion
list which can be subscribed to at: