Re: [Ffii-uk] Re: [Fsfe-uk] FFII swpat alert: please submit to slashdot*

From: Peter Ford
Subject: Re: [Ffii-uk] Re: [Fsfe-uk] FFII swpat alert: please submit to slashdot*now*
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:29:02 +0100

From: "MJ Ray" <address@hidden>
> I have not had much to do with slashdot since andover bought it, but
> they used to regard bulk submission as an attack on their editors and
> refuse to run very similar articles submitted multiple times.  It may

But I think they get so many submissions that it's easy for one or two
to get ignored.

Perhaps if we want an article posted there in the future, someone should
submit the ideal version first.  If it isn't accepted within an hour,
they could ask the lists for a volunteer to try again with a different
headline and a slightly rewritten text.  And then again after another
hour, and so on until it's accepted.

> Besides, there are more places than just slashdot.  Advogato,
> kuro5hin, gnu-friends, indymedia, gxangalo, ... probably many others.

But I think James was right to consider Slashdot the main target, with
the highest number (though not proportion) of people who would be likely
to contact their MP.