Re: [Fsfe-uk] [Proposal] Mailing lists

From: Richard Smedley
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:24:16 +0100 (BST)

MJ Ray said:
>>      * affs-discuss
>
> How would this improve on fsfe-uk?  Would an alias for fsfe-uk be
> appropriate for now?  We really don't see many UK-specific issues for
> FSFE that aren't of interest to AFFS yet.

Yes, this is true at the moment. At some time
in the future it won't be. Perhaps now would
be a good time to plan for that - as any move
away from this list is going to lead to some
confusion.

An affs-members-discuss list is needed, I don't
think you'd disagree with that. The problem is
getting people there without affecting the
community of the fsfe-uk list - many of whom
are not AFFS members, but all of whom share
the aim of promoting Free Software in the UK.

 - Richard

--
"Dad, why should we hide from the Police?"    |  www.affs.org.uk
"Because we use Emacs son, and they use Vi!"  |  - supporting Free Software

South Cheshire GNU/Linux Users Group www.sc.lug.org.uk