Re: [Fsfe-uk] hsbc browser access

From: Geoffrey Teale
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] hsbc browser access
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 14:37:30 +0000

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 13:39 +0000, Graham Seaman wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> I'm trying to get to the HSBC to complain about their browser policy (no
> support for firefox or safari, and they've just broken firefox access to
> the business account site). But the techsupport people won't give me any
> name of someone higher up to complain to;  does anyone know what kind of
> job role in the banking system is likely to decide this kind of policy -
> which unfortunately seems to be global - and how to go about finding an
> address for them?

---%<----

It may go as the CTO/IT Director - but it's more likely that it's just a
decision made by some middle manager in charge of customer facing web
development.

As an approach to dealing with it I'd send mail to the CTO and the CEO
of the company pointing out that they are loosing business because of
this policy and that the cost of supporting more than one browser is
actually incredibly small (in most cases it's just a case of getting
someone to install firefox!).

I have left two banks with similar policies and now use Lloyds TSB (who
don't seem to find it necessary to bother checking what browser I'm
using).

--
Geoffrey Teale <address@hidden>
Cmed Technology