Re: [Fsfe-uk] Young Greens moving on FS

From: Tom Chance
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Young Greens moving on FS
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:17:22 +0000

Ahoy,

Those with good memories may remember this email I sent ages ago. Well after
some persistence I've got a reply, and it's really promising. The Young
Greens are launching a campaign on free software with the following focus:

- Uni students who are short on cash and have open minds
- Schools, libraries and other public institutions

They're putting together some leaflets promoting the easy stuff (Firefox,
Thunderbird & OpenOffice.org) and will be looking at GNU/Linux.

The campaign may be launched at the Green Party Conference next week. I'm
trying to get details, but if anyone could attend it'd be a good opportunity
to hook up with them in person.

I'll keep you all updated, and try to persuade a YG to subscribe to this list
so they can discuss their ideas with everyone here, and in particular those
already working on education and govt.

Kind regards,
Tom