Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation from AFFS committee

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Re: Resignation from AFFS committee
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2005 15:12:00 +0100

I appeal to you for a little self-moderation. If you've already
posted today, please post only once more on this topic today
and save the next email for tomorrow. You'll be calmer and have
more information to work with. The delay on fsfe-uk seems to be
stopping this from blowing up too bad, but it's heading that way.

Kevin Donnelly is right, of course: things have to be recorded somewhere.

Chris Croughton is right, too: sometimes things don't get recorded
promptly or at all and sometimes that's OK. I suspect it doesn't
work for anything controversial. I was surprised sometimes
what sort of things others thought controversial, so I think
we should note the bleeding obvious things like vote counts.

John Seago is right as well: the members should see minutes soon
enough for any reaction to have an effect. (apologies if I
got the meaning wrong, but I deleted the wrong email)

I share Ian Lynch's hope that free software work won't be
hindered by the politicking. My hope is that this is a "wake up".

Everybody lives!

--
MJ Ray (slef), K. Lynn, England, email see http://mjr.towers.org.uk/