Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proposed roadmap

From: John Seago
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proposed roadmap
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:51:07 +0100

On Thursday 01 Jan 1970 00:59, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:

> I agree with John that the AGM has to be the final
> decision-maker, but I think Tom's idea may be a good way to
> develop the question that is put to the AGM, as long as no-one
> then gets there and presents it as an unmodifiable done deal. One
> month isn't enough to ask everyone.

Quite.

There seems to be a problem which some are seeking to solve by leaping
striaght to what they consider to be an 'ideal' solution. We can only
start from where we are.

As mark points out the time scale is too short, and the AGM proposed for a
time which may not elicit the maximum possible attendance. One alternative
solution might be to hold an AGM, (trying to get a full slate of
candidates for the Honourary Offiers and Committee, in order that the
meeting can have 'real' elections), with the Agenda containing only the
business required, plus a motion to hold a further Extraordinary General
Meeting later when everyone has had time to both consider and discuss a
way forward.

In the mean-time I would like to start the ball rolling with a discussion
as to where we should hold the discussion. This list seems to meet the
basic requirements as it is open to all those who may have an interest in
all aspects of Free Software.
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux User #219566 http://counter.li.org