Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proposed roadmap

From: Alex Hudson
Subject: Re: [Fsfe-uk] Proposed roadmap
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 12:32:23 +0100

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 11:51 +0100, John Seago wrote:
> One alternative solution might be to hold an AGM, (trying to get a
> full slate of candidates for the Honourary Offiers and Committee, in
> order that the meeting can have 'real' elections), with the Agenda
> containing only the business required, plus a motion to hold a further
> Extraordinary General Meeting later when everyone has had time to both
> consider and discuss a way forward.

That's not a bad idea at all. It doesn't even need a resolution;
technically, we can hold a special general meeting at any point we want.
The AGM is harder to move around, and the only difference between that
and an SGM is that we cannot elect officers at an SGM.

> In the mean-time I would like to start the ball rolling with a discussion
> as to where we should hold the discussion. This list seems to meet the
> basic requirements as it is open to all those who may have an interest in
> all aspects of Free Software.

Yup.

I would like to hear from people on this list who don't like having AFFS
traffic here - do such people exist, still? Or, are people happy having
this kind of discussion on FSFE-UK?