[Fsfe-uk] Free software accounting, was Mac OS X

From: MJ Ray
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Free software accounting, was Mac OS X
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 13:40:41 +0000

"Jon Grant" <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 21/01/2008, MJ Ray <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Our accountant, upstart.coop, handled the CSV exports of our books
> > last year OK, but it sounds like they're full of work just now, so
> > don't change this year please ;-)
>
> So you're accountant doesn't need your functions? I'd hate to have to
> pay my accountant for all the extra time of putting his own functions
> in to calc things automatically when figures are updated. [...]

I hope they have their own functions, probably in another sheet to the
one they load our export into.  Figures being updated doesn't come
into it much, does it?  They're our accountants, asked the occasional
question and for year-ends, not our day-to-day bookkeepers.

> I hope their accounting is better than their website, [...]

Yeah, known bug.  I've mentioned it to Alex Lawrie and offered to sort
it out for them, but fixing the design wasn't a priority for him.

> [...] let's see if they reply about OpenOffice..

They definitely know and can use it.  I don't know whether you'll get
a reply this month, though. ;-)

Regards,