Re: GIMP CMYK support - was [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund

From: Noah Slater
Subject: Re: GIMP CMYK support - was [Fsfe-uk] Mac OS X refund
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:08:32 +0000

On Tue, Jan 22, 2008 at 05:54:32PM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Looking again, I guess it's an easy mistake to make because much of
> the context was cut by the post being answered.

I will restate that I read the entire thread and made no mistake.

> The suggested "sustained campaign" seemed to be about "software
> freedom propaganda" that would "get the media industries using GIMP
> (or CinePaint !?) and GNU+Linux

I am aware of this. One of the FSF's primary goals these days seems to
be exactly this sort of activity.

> so a general FSF associate membership link seemed a bit irrelevant

Given my above statement, I disagree.

> Supporting FSFE is much more on-topic on an FSFE list.

This is a given, which is why I appended the following sentence:

>> Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)

> I'll let someone else explain FSFE's relevance/worth.

I have not, for one second, implied that the FSFE is lacking in either
nor that the FSFE is somehow inferior to the FSF, only that the FSF
seems more atuned to the specific suggestion to which I originally
replied and hence I do not see the problem with my original comment.

We both clearly disagree with each other, and for that I am regretful,
but I would like to politely request we let this subthread die for the
benifit of the other, most likely disinterested, subscribers.

You are welcome to email me off-list if you are still unhappy.

Thanks,

--
Noah Slater <http://bytesexual.org/>

"Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far as
society is free to use the results." - R. Stallman