[Fsfe-uk] Activity

From: John¹
Subject: [Fsfe-uk] Activity
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 14:07:19 +0000

I have recently been checking the organisations to which I subscribe or am
a member of. For some I pay my membership subscriptions by cheque, in the
latter case it is quite easy to remember if I am an active member of and
wish to continue subscribe to them, as they regularly ask me for another
cheque. Other organisations I pay by Bank Standing Order or Direct Debit,
and having gone through the list I have resigned my membership and
stopped some payments.

I was one of the first ten people to join the AFFS, (membership No. 9), and
have continued to pay by Standing Order ever since, I am currently trying
to discover its present status, then I realised that there has not, of
late been much activity on this mailing list, (it was through my
membership of the AFFS that I subscribed to it). Has enthusiasm for the
AFFS and FSFE-UK waned? Whilst I was never as technically competent as the
vast majority of those subscribed to this list, or the membership of the
AFFS I did share their objectives. Perhaps we should make an effort to
re-invigorate at least this list, and as a consequence once again try to
promote the benefits of Free Software and the objectives of FSFE?
--
John Seago
GNU/Linux Registered User No. #219566 http://counter.li.org/