gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - Current known problems to solve before

From: Philippe Roussel
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] Cynthiune - Current known problems to solve before release
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 12:53:26 +0200

Le 14/05/2012 12:33, Riccardo Mottola a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On 05/14/12 12:25, Philippe Roussel wrote:
>> I'll work on 1), 4) and 7) (ie ALSA and general crashes) as I can't help
>> with endianness or gorm issues.
>>
>> I will open other threads if/when I find something useful.
> Fine. I suppose 1-4-7 are actually closely related. Do you get
> errors/warnings when changing songs (even same
> channels/ratio/endianness)? I get them on x86 too and I guess that won
> ppc where endianness is involved too, things get worse.

Yep, I get these warnings too and I'm trying to locate the cause. In
fact I think they're harmless and can't be avoided unless we prepare the
buffer for the next song before the current one finishes but I'm not
sure yet.

> Please send separate patches, it is easier for review! And if you
> include your name and notice in the Changelog, you'll get the credits
> too :) (And save me work, since I anyway write ChangeLogs)

Ok, will do !

>>> Fixed problem which we should confirm are
>>> 1) opening/saving playlists
>>> 2) object deduplication
>> Works for me, even if deduplication is only based on file path right now.
> Yes, but it is enough, I'd say. Seems to work for me. One drawback is
> that if you have a default playlist with duplicates, Cynthiune will
> crash at startup.

Nasty. I'll look into it if no one beats me.

>>> I'd love to revive the Mac version, but I don't know how to handle
>>> dependencies. Even if with just one backend (I was able to compile MP3
>>> library, but not audiofile) to check the code.
>>>
>>> We can also add a feature wishlist for the next release, but I want to
>>> get this one out soon. For that I want
>>> 1) sort out musicbrainz stuff
>>> 2) include audiocd support?
>>> 3) preference panel for timidity and better handling of it
>>> 4) context menus...
>>> 5) ID3tag editing (integration with POE... more info about that
>>> separately, after the release! :)
>> Maybe I didn't get understand you correctly but in my opinion all these
>> points shouldn't block a release, unless they make Cynthiune crash. But
>> all of them would be welcome in a future release of course !
> Sorry, I wasn't clear. These were suggestions for new releases :)

Cool !

Philippe