gap-dev-discuss

Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] GNUMail doesn't connect to IMAP Server

From: Sebastian Reitenbach
Subject: Re: [Gap-dev-discuss] GNUMail doesn't connect to IMAP Server
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 08:33:06 +0200

On Tuesday, August 14, 2012 21:16 CEST, Germán "A. Arias" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> El mar, 14-08-2012 a las 08:02 +0200, Riccardo Mottola escribió:
> > Hi German,
> >

> > On 2012-08-09 00:36:44 +0200 Riccardo Mottola <address@hidden> wrote:
> >

> > > I am using GNUMail on MacOS and it is reasonably usable, I can
> > > navigate
> > > through folders, read and delete mail and send mail with
> > > non.-authenticated
> > > SMTP (which i can only from home... elsewehere I need authentication
> > > which
> > > doesn't work... but that is a nother well-known issue)
> >
> > Could you test the patch and see if it improves or worsen your GNUMail
> > usage? on MacOS it looks quite reasonable, I experience sometimes

> > crashes, but they are so rare I can't reproduce then consistenly and
> > now if they are from the patch. Generally I started using it on Mac
> > only recently an it works much better than on GNUstep (but there is a
> > lot of conditional code I will examine).
> >

> > Riccardo
> >

> Currently I can't build GNUMail, I get:

Pantomime has this in Frameworks/Pantomime/GNUMakefile:
ifeq ($(GNUSTEP_TARGET_OS),mingw32)
ADDITIONAL_GUI_LIBS += -lregex -liconv -lssl -lcrypto
else
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += -lssl -lcrypto
endif

$ ldd /usr/local/lib/libPantomime.so.1.2

/usr/local/lib/libPantomime.so.1.2:
        Start    End      Type Open Ref GrpRef Name
        0bd66000 2bd91000 dlib 1    0   0
/usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Frameworks/Pantomime.framework/Versions/1.2/libPantomime.so.1.2
        0bf6e000 2bf7a000 rlib 0    1   0      /usr/lib/libssl.so.17.1

        095c0000 295fd000 rlib 0    1   0      /usr/lib/libcrypto.so.20.1

In GNUMail I see this in:Framework/GNUMail/GNUmakefile :
# Under Solaris, we include SSL headers / libraries
ifeq ($(findstring solaris, $(GNUSTEP_TARGET_OS)), solaris)
ADDITIONAL_OBJCFLAGS += -I/usr/local/ssl/include
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS += -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
endif

Maybe you should try removing the ifeq ... endif lines around the
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS there.

On OpenBSD it actually works well for me as is.

Sebastian