gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons
Date: Tue, 06 May 2008 13:48:14 +0200

Michael wrote:

That is, one VERTICAL device bar in the middle between the panes.
This would definitely mean the least mouse kilometers.
It would be also unique (AFAIKS) among any file managers.
What a coolness !

Not everybody has your resolution or screen size...

I even use a GTK theme with quite thin scroolbars, and
can barely see all columns without sidescroll.

I think there are more important things than gui for
developers to concentrate on. Like things that has
to do with filemanagement, as different communication
protocols, sending commands to remote machines, metadata
capabilities and such. And maybe those virtual folders.