gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons

From: Magnus Stålnacke
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] device icons
Date: Thu, 08 May 2008 11:11:15 +0200

Michael wrote:
Ok, then. Let's stop it...and move on to the other features you mentioned.

Finally, disputing where a toolbar should be is a little bit fussy. It's rather
that the whole filesystem representation needs to be reworked some day, and
then we'll hopefully see some totally new ways of navigation.

One thing that pops in my head is a toggle button between current
list-style and a thumbnail-view like Nautilus. I guess the code
could be borrowed from Nautilus for a feat. like that.

Another simpler way of getting a thumbnail-view is to have
a button or menu-item to "Open this folder" (the current pwd).

Ohh.. thats easy, wait a minute..

Put this in a shellscript and use it for all files
under settings -> programs

  nautilus --no-desktop $(dirname $1)

That could be included as std. in gcmd.