gdb-discuss

Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules

From: Ian Lance Taylor
Subject: Re: [Gdbheads] proposed change to GDB maintainership rules
Date: 30 Jan 2004 17:21:04 -0500

Andrew Cagney <address@hidden> writes:

> Again, I wish it could be so - right now you must admit that we're
> suffering somewhat from a lack of mutual trust.

You know, if there really is a lack of trust, then let's stop
pussyfooting around.  It is impossible for a group of people to
collaborate on a free software project if they do not trust each
other.

The only solution is a new head maintainer, or a fork.

I hope it doesn't come to that.  I hope there is still some residual
goodwill, and faith that everybody has the same goals even if they
follow different paths to get there.

But I don't think we can overlook a lack of trust.  Do you think it
can be remedied?  Do other people?

Ian