getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] memory leakage somewhere in getfem::mesh_im_level_set

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] memory leakage somewhere in getfem::mesh_im_level_set (and interpolated_fem again)
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:44:37 +0200

Le mardi 10 juillet 2007 10:32, vous avez écrit :
> Dear Yves,
>
>     Thank you very much. There is no memory leakage any more.
> By the way, may be you want to know. I noticed that you can't compile some
> of the /contrib files anymore with the latest getfem from SVN. For
> instance, in xfem_contact you have the line
>
> 278:    pfp1 = fem_precomp(pf1, &pai1->integration_points());
>
> while fem_precomp has 3 arguments, so it gives an error. So, I editted it
> like this
>
>     pfp1 = fem_precomp(pf1,
> &pai1->integration_points(),mim.int_method_of_element(cv1));
>
> and it worked.
>
> After I continued running "make check", there were other compilation
> errors, but I didn't go through them anymore.

Ok, I made the corrections. Thank you.

> Another question if I may. In getfem_interpolated_fem.cc it says that
> extension of interpolated_fem to vectorial problems is straightforward and
> there is a short explanation. Would you be so kind to give a bit more
> elaborate explanation on what should there be done in order to do this. Do
> you think that somebody from outside of Getfem development crew can do it?

In fact, if you just want to use your interpolated fem on a vectorial problem,
it should work as usual (I think, but I never tried) whenever your original
fem is scalar. To make the things working for original vectorial elements,
real_base_value and grad_base_values functions have to be adapted. But you
have to take into account the fact that the original element can be a direct
product of scalar element or an intrinsic vectorial element (like Raviart
Thomas elements for instance). This is not completely obvious, in fact.

Can you describe a little bit what you expect to do with a vectorial
interpolated fem ? May be there is a better solution than using this
fonctionality.

Yves.

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.80.11
  Pole de Mathematiques,                       fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29
  Institut Camille Jordan - CNRS UMR 5208
  INSA de Lyon, Universite de Lyon
  20, rue Albert Einstein
  69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, FRANCE