getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] interpolated fem again

From: Andriy Andreykiv
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] interpolated fem again
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 19:14:36 +0200

Dear Yves,

What I want to do with interpolated fem is the following. I want to simulate a composite material (something like a car distribution belt), where the matrix of the composite is simulated with hexahedral elements while the fibers, that enforce the composite material are simulated with trusses. I want those trusses not to be conformal with the mesh of the matrix material, hence I want to impose a weak constraint that displacement of the fibers should be equal to the displacement of the matrix material in the location where those trusses fibers cross the matrix (this way I would attach the fibers inside the matrix material). Hence, again this is conceptually similar to fictitious domain method for fluid-structure interection, where velocity of the fluid on the boundary of the structure should be equal the velocity of the structure and this constraint is imposed in a weak sence. I probably can reformulate my vectorial problem into a set of scalar problems and then use interpolated fem, and then assemble a vectorial problem again. Would that be a solution?

Thank you in advance,
                                       Andriy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Yves Renard" <address@hidden>