getfem-users

Re: [Getfem-users] interpolated fem again

From: Yves Renard
Subject: Re: [Getfem-users] interpolated fem again
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:12:19 +0200

Le jeudi 12 juillet 2007 11:19, Andriy Andreykiv a écrit :
> Dear Yves,
>
>     Thank you very much for your suggestion. Please don't spend more time
> on this problem then necessary to tell whether  the idea I present below
> makes sense.
>
> Indeed I need a mass matrix between two vectorial FEM's.
> So, what I think I could do is to obtain this matrix between two scalar
> FEM's, defined on the same mesh and then populate it in such a way that it
> can be used as a mass matrix between two FEM's with target dimention 3.
>      In here I would need to assume that if a scalar DOF's have a certain
> numbering on the nodes of the mesh, the vectorial numbering
> can be automatically obtained like this:  if  i is a number of a scalar
> DOF, then in vectorial 3D FEM the same number i will correspond to X DOF,
> i+1 to Y DOF and i+3 to Z DOF. Hence I could obtain my mixed mass matrix
> the same way I would obtain a standard (single mesh) vectorial mass matrix
> from a scalar one.  Is that correct?

Yes, this is correct. Normally, the numeration of dof will correspond in that
sense.

Yves.

  Yves Renard (address@hidden)       tel : (33) 04.72.43.80.11
  Pole de Mathematiques,                       fax : (33) 04.72.43.85.29
  Institut Camille Jordan - CNRS UMR 5208
  INSA de Lyon, Universite de Lyon
  20, rue Albert Einstein
  69621 Villeurbanne Cedex, FRANCE