ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:34:35 +0200

On 2014-08-12 at 13:13, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
> Hey Alex!
>
>     >> Since I do not desire to be dennounced, prosecuted and finally
>     >> sanctioned or expelled from the event (especially considering the
>     >> physical pain and inconvenience of attending due to my very recent
>     >> accident) I withdraw my intention to lecture "Introducing GNU Posh" at
>     >> the GHM, as it is not compliant with the policy described in the page
>     >> above.
>
>     Sorry to hear we'll be missing out on the talk — are you sure it is
>     incompatible with the guidelines?
>
> The main reason why my talk violates the current policy is that it mocks
> and somewhat ridiculizes the very rich aristocratic people, including
> their appearance and the affectionated manners usually associated to
> them [1].
>
> On some other slides I also make fun of people begging for money in
> internet... of the mediagoblin mascot... and probably other things I
> can't recollect right now.

Yeah, so you’re not participating to the cultural widespread oppression
of underrepresented “minorities” (well actually people not being rich
white cis heterosexual men are the majority of humanity) like non-men
(that includes women, some undefined trans, intersexes, etc.),
non-heterosexual, non-white, etc. it doesn’t cause any problem. So
actually it’s not your talk that we need to fix, but the policy, which
is not precise/clear enough.

So I’ll just enjoy your talk :)