ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Garreau\, Alexandre
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 12:52:52 +0200

On 2014-08-13 at 12:15, Jose E. Marchesi wrote:
>     I enjoy when someone makes fun of me in a gentle or educating way*,
>     and when a community does its best to include everyone by making it
>     clear that fun is fun, not harassment.
>
> Agreed.  However having a policy that forbids _any_ humor that may be
> "offensive" to _anyone_ (as it happens with the current policy) to
> prevent a problem that never happened in the whole history of the event
> seems a bit excessive to me...
>
> ...but maybe I am wrong, this is a complex topic.

Well, actually the problem is only what *participates* (it doesn’t need
to be really strong/hard/big in itself, just to be widespread enough so
that enough little things put together become great enough to be
psychologically unsupportable to any living human being having emotions
(which are built-in in any normally built human being)) in widespread
offense being part of cultural systems of oppression of our societies
who daily, repetitively, strongly, cruelly, harass and repress
*everyone* in the underrepresented “minorities”, everywhere,
everytimes.

Making occasionnal, unusual (sexist joke are not only too much
widespread to be supportable, they’re also becoming *boring*) and funny
joke doesn’t make any problem :)

The chart need more clarification.