ghm-discuss

Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [Ghm-discuss] The posh talk does not complain with the policy
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 12:15:50 +0200

Hi Bastien!

    I love the icon!

Heh yes, Uncle John Gnubags is fun :)

    I enjoy when someone makes fun of me in a gentle or educating way*,
    and when a community does its best to include everyone by making it
    clear that fun is fun, not harassment.

Agreed.  However having a policy that forbids _any_ humor that may be
"offensive" to _anyone_ (as it happens with the current policy) to
prevent a problem that never happened in the whole history of the event
seems a bit excessive to me...

...but maybe I am wrong, this is a complex topic.  And that is the
reason why it is important to talk and discuss about this instead of
blindly adopting a policy that could work very well for US events (which
according to the terrorific descriptions provided in this thread are
like the Porkys camp) but not so well in an European background.

We will surely talk about these topics during the assembly on Sunday,
and hopefully agree a consensus outcome among the maintainers and
hackers...  tell me if you want to/can participate by phone or SIP, and
we shall arrange something..

    I won't be there in Munich but I already miss it.

A shame, we will certainly miss you :(