Re: [glob2-devel] Priority

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Priority
Date: Sat, 25 Mar 2006 18:48:59 -0800

On 3/25/06, Kyle Lutze <address@hidden> wrote:

Thats not what he means, as there is already a priority system like that.

nct, I have summarrized how I would like the system to work in the
other thread, first post, however, Kai believes that proximity should
also be considered when balancing priority. My idea, just try to have
it consider both proximity and prioirty that is set by the user, don't
put any logic behind it (it could be as dumb as proximity/priority to
determine overall priority rating). We will then test the system, and
see how well it considers priority and proximity. Most likely, on the
first attempt, it won't work well, but with further fine tuning,
(maybe proximity/(priority*3) or something like that, or entirely new
consideration formula), we will get it right. So, like i said, just
have it able to consider both proximity and priority, and we will work
from there to determine whats really neccessary.