Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring

From: Cyrille Dunant
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Refactoring
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 18:12:02 +0200

On Monday 01 May 2006 18:04, Sébastien wrote:
> Le Lundi 1 Mai 2006 17:31, Cyrille Dunant a écrit :
> > > It's not lazyness, I talked about char* removal and the ellipsis
> > > problem with Stéphane Magnenat, he told me to look at boost since we
> > > already depend on it. If you have a better idea, fine, please expose
> > > it. Reimplement everything all the time isn't a good solution too but
> > > if you have an idea to replace xxxprintf wich is not a cut n paste of
> > > boost, I'm open (even if there is work as opposed to what you said)
> >
> > No, now, it is too late anyway, we already depend on boost, so we might
> > as well use it...
> >
> > Of course, _stripping_ the boost dependency would be a worthwhile
> > endeavour
> >
> > :)
>
> I agree with you...
> I quickly looked to AINicowar and I can't figure out where boost is used...
> As a test I suppressed the include and all compiled fine, the game is
> working

Odd.

Well, If you really want to use boost, it is your call -- but if it is in fact
_not_ used... But if it is only to replace printfs (even so as to follow the
Real True Path Of C++ Leading To Supreme Enlightenement), could you please
consider that it might be Not Necessary™ ?

--
-- Cyrille Dunant
-- EPFL-IMX-LMC

   Cold, adj.:
        When the local flashers are handing out written descriptions.