Re: [glob2-devel] Water needed

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Water needed
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:13:32 +0100

> Why not, but I think it is very important to only add complexity in the game
> engine that results in increasing gameplay.

I recently thought about game complexity.
So here a question to Bradley:

Can we use Echo AI to implement an AI that only cares about specific
tasks, like forbidden zone management for farming or clear areas
around buildings?  Or leading an attack once it is told where and with
how many units?

We could use such an AI to reduce micro mangement, when it plays
in a team with a human player, and/or help newbies.

This might require tags for the forbidden/clearing area fields, so
that the AI won't touch zones that were placed by the player.
Also you should be able to select what the AI will care about.

--
Kai Antweiler