Re: [glob2-devel] teleporters

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] teleporters
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 22:03:18 +0100

On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Leo Wandersleb wrote:
> from the 2 answers and own reflections i now think version 2 is better:
> *choice who can enter (workers only/warriors only/one way/limited
> throughput) *no tweak on the gradient (but on path finding)

I'm not sure this will work without tweaking the gradients. Imagine you want
to build an expansion in an area with no wheat. You build a teleporter at
near wheat and in this expansion. You want workers to use the teleporter. If
the wheat gradient does not take teleporter into account there is no way
pathfinding can use it, as pathfinding, excepting for local glob avoidances,
use gradients.

http://nct.ysagoon.com