Re: [glob2-devel] teleporters

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] teleporters
Date: Wed, 07 Feb 2007 15:13:09 +0100

>> By the way, if you think the rest of glob2 code is more maintainable,
>> you haven't seen much.  Glob2 is written using a greedy approach.
>> Every change to glob2 is made in the simplest way it could be done.
>> Therefore you have a bad design, and a lot of things are in places
>> they shouldn't be.
>> This might be a general open source illness.
>> Anyway with Bradley coding so much and his preference on reuseability
>> and abstraction this will change.
>
> You're insulting our code aren't you? We should fight to death to defend
> it! ;-)

No, it's more like observing that the real world is far from perfect.
Litited time, multiple coders, long development cycle and the need to
present improvements to the users from time to time will have the same
effect on most open source software.
But with Bradley coding so much in so little time, always with good
software design in mind, glob2 will improve very much.

If it makes you happy, I can honstly assure you that I would not be
able to produce a game like glob2 in seven years in my spare time.
Nuage and you did a good job.

--
Kai Antweiler