Re: [glob2-devel] server issues

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] server issues
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 19:36:28 +0100

> First thing I plan on doing is getting a DVD-burner and getting all
> the data on DVDs that won't be destroyed by anything else. After
> that I'll be uploading a copy to Steph while I work on getting a new
> motherboard, and I don't know if I can also afford another SATA 10k
> RPM raid array, but I will be doing full backups to DVD-Rs roughly
> once a week now along with doing daily database backup uploads to
> the server at the address of drazak.net

I don't think the dvds are necessary.  Too much trouble and too
unreliable, when not checked after the burn step.  I'd guess that
sooner or later you'll stop dvd backups or start doing them sporadically.

You also can use a gmail account as remote harddisk for backups.

> Hopefully my server will be completely up and running by the end of
> the week if I can get a new motherboard in by then, and then if
> Steph would still like to use my hosting that is fine by me, or if
> he wants to switch hosts I will have no hard feelings and will help
> as much as possible in the transition, and still help out with other
> stuff because of my love of the game and the community around it.

Servers die.  I'd say your hosting is as welcome as ever.

--
Kai Antweiler