Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 22 Release

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Alpha 22 Release
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 09:53:48 +0200

> If you feel so, then how about this:
>
> Feature freeze as of now. Only bug fixes until we release, and we will
> release next Tuesday.

Ok.  I think the weekend makes an important differance.

> I'm going to check out a second version of Glob2 as I'm quite eager to
> start implementing some of my new ideas.

I guessed that you were longing to code.  I hoped fixing the bugs would
help you over this until enough testing is done.

I think the same problem will arise on most releases.  So I propose to
extend our release plan.
Instead of checking out a second version, we should branch off a release
candidate.  And this will be tested and fixed for about one week
before a release.

Plan:
Someone creats the frozen branch:
# cvs tag -b alpha22-rc

Everyone checks out:
# cvs checkout -r alpha22-rc <new directory name>

After that normal cvs commands in <new directory name> work on the
branch.  So every bug fixing has to be done in the new and the old directory,
because cvs is poor when it comes to merging.

Is that ok?

ps:
Have you checked, whether the AIs can work together?
Glob2 permits different AIs in the same team controlling the same
buildings.
--
Kai Antweiler