Re: [glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite *Important, Steph really upset*

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite *Important, Steph really upset*
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:58:23 +0200

On Monday 14 May 2007 08:49:34 Kieran P wrote:
> Actually, from what I've read in this mailing list, the only branching that
> can be done is locally, unless you want to make a branch for everything on
> your server (you are the only one that can). The best someone can do is tag
> the code but that still uploads to the main thing I believe.

The idea is to upload those changes in a branch, and when it is stable, just
merge it into master. This is the way everyone develop rewrites out there.

> And Bradley still has the code :P So if you want, just revert all the
> changes. Its a SCMS for crying out load.
>
> And lastly, I thought he was the maintainer? If he wanted to, he could I
> thought.

maintaining is not about breaking everything. But it's not Bradley's fault, if
you convinced him. But try to realize that there might be people that work
even if they don't spent hours speaking on the ml.

> Besides, in all honesty, who else is actively developing code atm (other
> than that cmake stuff which isn't affected by it anyway)? The map rewrite
> is dead, the unit allocation has a way to go. Its not like he blew up 20
> active projects :P

Marvelous and I are developing a new object oriented functional scripting
language. You can check the commit logs to convince yourself.

http://stephane.magnenat.net