Re: [glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite *Important, Steph really upset*

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Update: Core Rewrite *Important, Steph really upset*
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 20:59:57 -0400

On 5/14/07, Kai Antweiler <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I have pushed a new new commit into master, so that Bradleys experimental
> > work is not the tip our master branch.
> > Now everyone pulling master won't pull Bradleys changes, but our stable
> > branch.
>
> Good, thanks :-)
> If possible, it would be nice to tag Bradley's changes with a name so that
> interested people can fetch it. "core-rewrite-2007" could be a good name.

Yes, Bradley should give it a name.

Right now you should be able to pull his latest revision from sunday like this:
# hg pull -r 627b7a19d106 http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2

But remember that the latest revision that you pull/push into your
repository becomes
tip, even if it was commited before other revisions.  So after pulling
627b7a19d106, it will be the tip of master - locally.

ps:
For some reason "hg incoming -r 627b7a19d106
http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2"; did
not work.
--
Kai Antweiler

Ugg i'm sorry but you'll need to do that again :P I accidently pushed
the code that was meant to allow to transitions between old maps and
new ones, which once again has changed the tip back. I will be more
carefull next time.

I'm gonna backtrack on my emails and figure out to commit to a branch
again. Anyhow, whats the difference between commit -r master and just
plain commit?

--
Really. I'm not lieing. Bradley Arsenault.