Re: [glob2-devel] more issues noticed while testing new version

From: Kieran P
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more issues noticed while testing new version
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 19:51:46 +1200

> * New bug:It is very difficult to see the intensity distinctions of the fertility map.  A better choice of color and intensities might help.
> * Old problem:The volume control in settings does not give any hint as to which direction indicates louder sound.  It would be better if the words "loud" and "quiet" were next to the appropriate ends of the control.
> * Old problem:It would be better if one could choose how often autosave files were made.  In particular, it would help when testing a release to be able to set the autosave interval to a shorter duration.
> * Old bug:It would be better if building/flag status indicator dots were drawn on top of flag circles.  Right now, a blue flag circle can completely hide indicator dots.  (Yes, following my suggestion would require drawing buildings in two phases: one phase before flags and another after flags.)

Ok, now you are nitpicking IMHO :P Beta 1 is not about fine tuning. Its about fixing any crash bugs before release. Things like these...... I'd say leave until beta 2 or beta 3. One of them can be a graphical and user interface upgrade release or something.

Right now I think the focus is on finding bigger bugs and fixing them so that the new map headers, yog engine, and updated game gui can be tested by all Globulation 2 players.

Post these small things on http://globulation2.org/wiki/Things_to_do_before_1.0.0  under the heading beta 2. Depending on whether Brad thinks they are important or not, they'll either be in beta 1, be in beta 2, or be pushed to beta 3.