Re: [glob2-devel] more issues noticed while testing new version

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] more issues noticed while testing new version
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 10:09:04 +0100

"Kieran P" <address@hidden> writes:

> Ok, now you are nitpicking IMHO :P Beta 1 is not about fine tuning. Its about
> fixing any crash bugs before release. Things like these...... I'd say leave
> until beta 2 or beta 3. One of them can be a graphical and user interface
> upgrade release or something.

Actually, the 4 items you pointed out can wait until after version
1.0.  Only the first item in that message is urgent.  But if someone
happens to be working on the relevant code before then, they can feel
free to fix any of these items.

> Right now I think the focus is on finding bigger bugs and fixing them so that
> the new map headers, yog engine, and updated game gui can be tested by all
> Globulation 2 players.

I am reporting all issues that arise.

I assume my readers are capable of figuring out priorities.  Crashes
must be fixed as soon as possible; minor user interface annoyances can
wait.  ☺  :-)

> Post these small things on http://globulation2.org/wiki/
> Things_to_do_before_1.0.0  under the heading beta 2. Depending on whether Brad
> thinks they are important or not, they'll either be in beta 1, be in beta 2,
> or
> be pushed to beta 3.

I'll be putting the 4 items you pointed out at:

  http://globulation2.org/wiki/Current_Issues_with_Using_Globulation_2

"Leo Wandersleb" <address@hidden> writes:

>> Ok, now you are nitpicking IMHO :P
>> Post these small things on
>> http://globulation2.org/wiki/Things_to_do_before_1.0.0
>
> Hint: We have a bug tracker!

You want I should file hundreds of bugs, one for each item at the URL
I mentioned above???  I currently plan to use the bug tracker only for
the most serious issues.

--
Joe