Re: [glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Release Candidate Beta 1
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 18:32:36 +0100

"Bradley Arsenault" <address@hidden> writes:

> On 7/31/07, Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>     bug:
>     glob2 now randomly places areas. i tested rc against damentz and we both
> got
>     areas we didn't place. when i first placed guard areas in his base and
> found out
>     they were not going there i found guard areas in my base i hadn't placed.
> later
>     when i stopped my attack suddenly my units rushed over as magically some
> guard
>     area appeared in his base.
>
>     he said to have seen the same effect with forbidden areas

I'm still seeing the random areas with the source from the .tar.gz
file of 2007-08-03T23:23.  I get all three kinds of areas: forbidden,
clearing, and guard.  I have to keep checking the entire map to make
sure to remove any random areas

> I've discovered this bug and I've fixed it.

Are you sure you've fixed it?  Is the fix in the latest main branch?
Maybe there is another cause?

> The bug was that if you place a
> building, but instead of clicking, you click and drag, the "draging" would
> cause areas to be placed, however, those areas aren't visible and aren't sent
> to the engine untill you select to place areas under the menus. I've fixed
> this
> by not having the tool-manager assume that dragging will only occur when
> placing areas, because it will also occur when placing buildings.

The above description does seem similar to what I am observing.

--
Joe