[glob2-devel] new crash: “Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)” (

From: Joe Wells
Subject: [glob2-devel] new crash: “Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)” (no core dump file!)
Date: Mon, 06 Aug 2007 18:45:42 +0100

Using the source in a .tar.gz file from today, I just saw glob2 die
with this message:

  Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

However, there is no core dump file!  I checked, not just in what was
the current directory when I ran glob2, but across the whole disk.  I
also checked that I am not limiting core dump size.

Is glob2 doing chdir to some directory in which it doesn't have write
privileges?  I can't think of anything else that would completely
prevent core dump files like this.

I don't know how to debug this in the absence of a core dump file.

--
Joe