Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar seems to be broken: now builds nothing other t

From: Bradley Arsenault
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] Nicowar seems to be broken: now builds nothing other than hives, inns, and hospitals
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:56:04 -0400

On 8/8/07, Joe Wells <address@hidden> wrote:
In the latest source, Nicowar seems to be broken.  In the .tar.gz
source file of 2007-08-03T23:23 (but not in some earlier versions of
the .tar.gz file), Nicowar seems to have forgotten how to build things
other than hives, inns, and hospitals.

I've played 3 games with this source.

In one game, Nicowar didn't try to build anything other than hives,
inns, and hospitals, but I guessed at the time that this was because
of a lack of space.

In another game, I saw Nicowar on an island completely failing to even
_try_ to build anything other than hives, inns, and hospitals.  There
was plenty of room for the biggest buildings and good access to
resources.  Nicowar also had plenty of time.  I reached the top tech
level before attacking (I didn't have enough swimming warriors before
this) and Nicowar _still_ hadn't started any building other than a
hive, inn, or hospital.

In yet another game, the only non-hive/inn/hospital building that
Nicowar tried building was a race track.  However, Nicowar never
completed this building, despite having _lots_ of time to do so.  It
was next to wood and I think the stone was not too far away.  Nicowar
had lots of space for other buildings.

In all 3 games, I crushed Nicowar easily because Nicowar never had any
barracks and so Nicowar had no level 2 warriors.

By the way, Nicowar was working much better just a few days earlier,
so maybe there is some recent change affecting this?

I hope this information is helpful.

--
Joe

I find this extremely odd. I had fixed this bug not to long ago, and it was due to the autosave wrecking the queue of buildings Nicowar wanted to construct, so it only constructed its current wishes, which almost exclusivly where inns and hospitals because they are created continuoussly.

That, along with the other bug that has resurfaced, makes me think your playing with an older verison. I've checked the server and the tarball is ok, it has the fixes for both of these bugs. So I don't know what to say, other than to check your source files. Make sure the files that are being compiled have been changed to GPL version 3 since that is my most recent change. If they aren't, you have somehow compiled with an older version.

--
Extra cheese comes at a cost. Bradley Arsenault.