[glob2-devel] Nicowar seems to be broken: now builds nothing other than

From: Joe Wells
Subject: [glob2-devel] Nicowar seems to be broken: now builds nothing other than hives, inns, and hospitals
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 19:46:48 +0100

In the latest source, Nicowar seems to be broken.  In the .tar.gz
source file of 2007-08-03T23:23 (but not in some earlier versions of
the .tar.gz file), Nicowar seems to have forgotten how to build things
other than hives, inns, and hospitals.

I've played 3 games with this source.

In one game, Nicowar didn't try to build anything other than hives,
inns, and hospitals, but I guessed at the time that this was because
of a lack of space.

In another game, I saw Nicowar on an island completely failing to even
_try_ to build anything other than hives, inns, and hospitals.  There
was plenty of room for the biggest buildings and good access to
resources.  Nicowar also had plenty of time.  I reached the top tech
level before attacking (I didn't have enough swimming warriors before
this) and Nicowar _still_ hadn't started any building other than a
hive, inn, or hospital.

In yet another game, the only non-hive/inn/hospital building that
Nicowar tried building was a race track.  However, Nicowar never
completed this building, despite having _lots_ of time to do so.  It
was next to wood and I think the stone was not too far away.  Nicowar
had lots of space for other buildings.

In all 3 games, I crushed Nicowar easily because Nicowar never had any
barracks and so Nicowar had no level 2 warriors.

By the way, Nicowar was working much better just a few days earlier,
so maybe there is some recent change affecting this?

I hope this information is helpful.

--
Joe