Re: [glob2-devel] beta1-rc update - New tutorial campaign

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] beta1-rc update - New tutorial campaign
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 14:33:27 +0200

Hi Kieran

Doing the campaign right now i noticed:
* i've been told to reduce worker counts to 0 and never to increase them again up till now. (2 clicks later it now reminds me of that. that's too late for people looking around and not knowing the game. also please don't train noobs to use 1 worker at a swarm. for this swarm i would consider 7 workers a good count.)
* please mention the mouse wheel!
* to get an explorer it is not essential to set workers and warriors to 0. the last increased (changed?) kind of unit gets top priority for the next unit. * You refere to "the first button uinder the mini map". there is only the construction tab visible at that time. * the fact that space not only advances in the tutorial but also shows the last event now brought me to where my explorers were hit by hostile turrets while the tutorial tells me to build a race track. maybe the script should set the view to some point in the base instead.
* i like the reminder of the save option :)
* it is not necessary to hold down mouse button to see who's working for a
building.

***** "You can construct the towers now" is the last message of my tutorial. it doesn't go on. i have 3 towers constructed and building a fourth doesn't change a thing. (deconning and building the 1st tower again helped!)

* flags default to 0 units here. while this is a bug it still affects the tutorial in a blocking way * the towers didn't block me at all. my warriors walked past them not paying attention.

Greetings, Leo