Re: [glob2-devel] beta1-rc update - New tutorial campaign

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] beta1-rc update - New tutorial campaign
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 18:22:07 +0100

Leo Wandersleb <address@hidden> writes:

> * to get an explorer it is not essential to set workers and warriors
>   to 0. the last increased (changed?) kind of unit gets top priority
>   for the next unit.

Aaah!  Someone please document this!  This nice fact should go in the
user manual and the tutorial.

Does it work to get an explorer if you increase the value then
immediately decrease it to what it was before (as long as it is
non-zero at the end)?

> * the fact that space not only advances in the tutorial but also
>   shows the last event now brought me to where my explorers were hit
>   by hostile turrets while the tutorial tells me to build a race
>   track. maybe the script should set the view to some point in the
>   base instead.

Maybe a different key than space should be used for the tutorial to
avoid the overlap with the default key binding for space.  Is using a
different key supported?

> * it is not necessary to hold down mouse button to see who's working
>   for a building.

Yes, it now shows this at all times while the building is selected.
This now also works for flags.

(My patch for this merely disabled the old code for showing this while
the mouse button was held down.  I suggest this old code be simply
deleted now.  I find the new method completely satisfactory.)

> * flags default to 0 units here. while this is a bug it still
>   affects the tutorial in a blocking way

Maybe this bug should be higher priority to fix.  :-)  ☺

> * the towers didn't block me at all. my warriors walked past them
>   not paying attention.

That's strange!

--
Joe