Re: [glob2-devel] French translation updated: problem with translation

From: Stéphane Magnenat
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] French translation updated: problem with translation
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 14:49:31 +0200

> In the long run, it would be better if we switched to using GNU
> gettext and its standard .po file format, because there are many tools
> that make the translators' job much easier when using gettext.  Some
> of these tools will automatically generate suggested translations.

I do not agree, it is not convenient for people that want to compile glob2 on
Windows without cygwin. Furthermore, gettext requires extraction and
compilation phases which makes it complicated to use for standard user.

Glob2's translation system works fine. Translations is the most contributed
part of glob2.

Have a nice day,

http://stephane.magnenat.net