Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities

From: Joe Wells
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 17:57:26 +0100

"Leo Wandersleb" <address@hidden> writes:

>> I worry that your proposal will starve the low scoring buildings
>> completely.
>
> I'm afraid the right opposite would be the case. You might have
> noticed that now, if you can fully occupy your units with inns
> (fruits are a pain here) they will refuse to do anything else.
>
> My concept helps in that it guaranties a worker if the continually
> rising score is high enough what will happen to evey building as all
> buildings that get a worker will loose 5% of score while the others
> rise on.

Sorry, I didn't correctly understand your original proposal.

I now see what you are proposing: that priorities will automatically
rise until a globule is assigned.

(Basically, you are borrowing ideas from scheduling theory for
computer operating systems.  We should pursue this approach further.)

> The problem i see is that if 100 buildings are all set up at once
> initialized with score=100 they will all get one worker assigned one
> after the other.

I don't understand the previous sentence.

> also i guess i would have to distinguish in prioritizing those
> buildings that need a continous suply and those that need n
> ressources once to operate.

> 1st group should get lower priority the higher it is filled (to
> bring prunes when there are already 180 is a task that can wait at
> least one minute (2 units fed / s = 180/2 s = 1.5 min.))

Agreed.  Inns with more supply already in them should have lower
priority.  (By the way, the amount of food that number of workers
already inside the inn or booked to arrive at the inn will eat should
be subtracted from its supply for purposes of deciding priority.)

--
Joe