Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities

From: Kai Antweiler
Subject: Re: [glob2-devel] concept for building priorities
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:41:51 +0200

> While we are waiting for you to program it, what do you think of just
> using the simple method I proposed, namely NewAverage = (OldAverage *
> 0.9 + NewData * 0.1)?

Put it in an inline function and include commends on why you chose these
numbers.   As a statistician I probably want to play around with this
in a few years.

> Probably the time the globs take should be adjusted based on their
> speed to get instead the time the "average" glob _would_ have taken.

But if you want to compute a time period, you have to normalize the value.
Otherwise you can not compare UT and HT.

> However, I don't think we should adjust for the distance of the trip,
> because a globule arriving from a long distance may be the first of a
> large number of globules arriving from a long distance.  For example,
> consider the first warriors that start returning from a strike on an
> enemy base.

Yes, true.  We need more values for better estimation.  Let's say each
Inn stores
values from the last 20 customers.  If less than 3 globs differ much
from the median
their values are flattened or rejected.  If we additionally use the
distance and speed
of those globs who already signed up for a meal, we should adjust to a
group of long
distance travelers faster.  We can estimate AT before the actual arrival.

> In the meantime, what do you think of my proposals?  I think they are
> fairly simple, and could well be good enough.  Combined with Leo's
> idea of boosting priorities based on the length of time spent waiting
> to hire a globule, I think some nice improvement in game play might
> result.

I think so.
Adjusting Inns is too distracting right now for the player in my opinion.
--
Kai Antweiler