[glob2-devel] contributions via forks

From: Leo Wandersleb
Subject: [glob2-devel] contributions via forks
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 00:09:59 +0100

hi list,

as i can't grant write access to hg.globulation2.org i normally tell people to fork my copy at bitbucket [1] so i can pull those forks back in to hg.glob2 [2].
i like this for several reasons:
* we don't depend on stephane or whoever can grant write access to hg.glob2
* we get more of a decentralized structure so if any of us stops supporting glob2 nobody needs to worry * older members with write access can see what changes get into the code base with a longer scope than one changeset so big plans finished to 3% don't mess up hg.glob2

on the other hand i don't want people to get frustrated about me (or others) if we don't pull your valuable changes. if we miss to pull after you have finished a cool feature/documentation/cleanup/tool/.../change please complain on the mailing list.

thanx,

leo wandersleb

[1] http://bitbucket.org/giszmo/glob2
[2] http://hg.globulation2.org/glob2-new