Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] 0.8.2 status & OLPC

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Re: [Gnash] 0.8.2 status & OLPC
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 11:24:35 +0100

On 11/01/2008, John Gilmore <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Why do we bother shipping gnash anyway?  Any time
> somebody has trouble with it, which is all the time, we just have to
> suggest they replace it with Adobe's."

If they suggest replacing it with proprietary DRM software, I wonder
how they can be reminded to read core principle #5 of
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Core_principles/lang-en :-)

It would be a lot better to say "Free software to play Flash is still
under heavy development, and these sites don't work right now, but
some do" IMO

> every tech but me recommends that end users tear out gnash.)

Thanks for setting a good example :-)
--
Regards,
Dave