Re: [Gnash-dev] std::bad_cast

From: Benjamin Wolsey
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] std::bad_cast
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:32:34 +0200

> there are only few places at moment where those functions are called and
> also wstring is used in a few places. Why implement a thing that could
> be replaced with two instructions?

Because, as I said, it fixes a number of other bugs, gets many more
passes in the swfdec testsuite, and makes string processing much more
efficient.

There is at least one real SWF file that has a massive bottleneck
because Gnash converts to a wstring and back on every single string
operation.

bwy

--
Use Gnash, the GNU Flash Player!