Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 04:16:22 -0300

On Apr 12, 2009, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Sorry, I disabled the allow_unauthenticated override thinking it was no longer
> necessary, but it turns out first stage of the install (udeb download) still
> needs it.

> New initrd.gz images in archive.gnewsense.org should no longer have this
> problem (I'm testing the new build right now).

That worked, thanks!

However, the installer still reported (in VT4) the failure to verify the
authenticity of packages it installed anyway (scary!), and package
updates and installs after installation also require user confirmation
that packages are trustworthy, because the repositories (or the packages
themselves, I'm not sure) fail to verify.