Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail

From: Alexandre Oliva
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Installing mips port to Yeeloong continues to fail
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 02:14:59 -0300

On Apr 14, 2009, Robert Millan <address@hidden> wrote:

> Which repositories fail to verify?  The latest debian-archive-keyring
> package is supposed to provide the key for official ones.

I'm not sure how to tell.  Here's what I get, on freshly installed
system, after updating and upgrading it, installing the -libre-medan
kernel, rebooting into it, and removing the -libre kernel *and* the
-libre-medan kernel.

# apt-get install linux-image-2.6.27.7-libre-medan
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Suggested packages:
  linux-doc-2.6.27.7-libre-medan linux-source-2.6.27.7-libre-medan
  linux-image-2.6.27.7-libre-medan
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/13.4MB of archives.
After this operation, 53.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  linux-image-2.6.27.7-libre-medan
Install these packages without verification [y/N]?

Yeah, I know, I'm crazy to remove and reinstall the running kernel, but
I just got this while switching to the medan kernel, from the one that
the installer chose for me.  I can't tell whether it's right for me, but
I do know that depmod -a was crashing on the other kernel, and this one
fared better so far.