Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 06:09:20 +0100

On Sun, Dec 02, 2012 at 10:43:34PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Thanks. I suppose putting this into a separate package (e.g.
> wmaker-theme-gnewsense) would be significantly harder?

It should not be hard. The only problem is, default Debian theme is embedded in
package, so I have to remove it, create additional package with theme
(wmaker-theme-gnewsense) and make it dependency for wmaker. This theme package
should depend on package that contains FreeSans font (that's what I used).
I'll play with it this evening.

> It has a different look than Galaxia [1], but the important thing is
> that it replaces Debian branding.
>
> [1] https://bitbucket.org/introsmedia/galaxia/downloads#tag-downloads

Ha! I totally overlooked this archive ;) I used arcos-blue-wide directly from
repository[2]. There is difference indeed - newer version has brighter gNewSense
logo I think. Should I revert to older version from the tarball for consistency
or stick with current one?

[2]
https://bitbucket.org/introsmedia/galaxia/src/15b33468ecb7168482708f9d1d0ddf12e6a87b33/backgrounds/arcos-blue-wide.png

--