Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] WindowMaker package with Parkes branding
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 17:24:49 +0100

Marek Buras wrote:
> create additional package with theme
> (wmaker-theme-gnewsense) and make it dependency for wmaker. This theme package
> should depend on package that contains FreeSans font (that's what I used).
> I'll play with it this evening.

Yes, changing wmaker would still be necessary for the desired
dependency, but this way the change to the upstream package would be
smaller.

> Ha! I totally overlooked this archive ;) I used arcos-blue-wide directly from
> repository[2]. There is difference indeed - newer version has brighter
> gNewSense
> logo I think. Should I revert to older version from the tarball for
> consistency
> or stick with current one?

Sorry, I should have been more specific. Your background looked fine, I
didn't really check if it was exactly the right color. I was more
referring to the overall look, e.g. window decorations. But I'm not sure
if Galaxia's gtk theme can be ported to WindowMaker or even if that
would look appealing. Whatever you decide to do with that is fine with me.

If you decide to follow it, then Felipe might like to add it to his
source. And we could make wmaker-theme-gnewsense a binary of that source
package (which I have half finished on my disk) instead of a separate
package.