Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Build from scratch

From: Felipe López
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Build from scratch
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 08:47:15 -0500

Hello,

The best way to understand the system and development process is to build it from scratch. I suppose it should include at least two steps:
1) build packages and move them to own repository
2) build livecd based on own repository

Both steps should involve special tools and should have some guides. However I haven't managed to find anything similar on the wiki. Could anybody point to?

You're right. Most processes are not documented. But we recently started the Processes page [1] to try to fill the holes in documentation.

A potential contributor asked recently what is actually involved in creating a new release of gNewSense. You can find the short answer in the mailing list [2].

[1] http://www.gnewsense.org/Processes
[2] http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2014-01/msg00011.html

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo